- All players play at their own risk. City Beach is not responsible for damages or injures to players or third persons. When booking playing time at City Beach, all players manifest their physical ability to play.
- Before starting the game, all players must check the sand area for dangerous objects such as stones, forgotten sunglasses, toys, etc. If players find such objects, they must move them away from the sand area.
- Glass bottles, other glass objects, and foodstuff are not allowed on the sand area.
- Small children may play on the sand area only when supervised by parents.
- Balls flying outside of the sand area are the responsibility of the players. They must quickly and safely bring the balls back to the sand area.
- City Beach is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Please behave courteously on the courts and respect other players.
- Players must pay a full fee for their booked time even when playing only part of their booked time.
- Players must not pay any fees if cancelling their playing time at least 48 hours in advance.
- Players with their own ball may start their game without the assistance of the beach boy.
- Sand area is under camera surveillance. Players playing without payment will not be allowed to play in the future.
- The beach court measures 8 m by 16 m.
- A match consists of three sets. A set is won by the first team to reach 21 points. The first team to win two sets wins the match. Third tiebreaker set, if necessary, is won by the first team to reach 15 points. Teams must win by two points.
- Teams change sides of the court at every combined multiple of 7 points. For example, if Team A has 10 points and Team B also has 10, then the next point will cause both teams to switch sides, the total score of 21 being a multiple of 7. On the third set, teams change sides of the court at every combined multiple of 5 points.
- Players alternate service, but are not required to rotate positions.
- The ball is softer, has a lower internal pressure, and is slightly bigger than an indoor volleyball.